Abratech is the exclusive distributor in eastern Canada for Ervin Industries, a world class manufacturer of steel shot and grit. They are renowned for the excellent quality of their product. They are among other things the only manufacturer to meet the miltary specification AMS 2431 (for shot peening). Ideal for sandblasting ferrous metal, metallic abrasive can be re-used several times thus reducing your overall operating costs and ensuring a constant and superior surface preparation.
Steel Shot (AMASTEEL)
Usually used in wheelblast applications, it is available in:
Sizes : S-70, 110, 230.280, 330, 390, 460, 550, 660, 780.
- Available in commercial or military grade (SAE, AMS, MIL approved)
- Available in different hardness for military grade: HRc 45-52, HRc 55-62, etc.
Steel Grit (AMASTEEL)
Usually used for airblast applications in sandblast room or cabinets, it is available in:
Sizes : G-10,12, 14, 16, 18, 25, 40, 50, 80, 120 Hardness :
- 40/51 HRC = SG
- 54/61 HRC = LG
- MIN 60 HRC =HG
Stainless Steel Shot (AMACAST)
Sizes : ES-180, 300, 450, 600, 750, 1200
- Ideal for aluminium or stainless steel
- Provides a high shine finish
- Produces less dust than regular steel shot